terça-feira, 10 de maio de 2016

Be, what for, why?

Be, what for, why?

Yuri Montezuma


A psychiatric clinic, a divan in the divan bedside a chair in a corner of the room there is a bookcase with many books on the opposite wall there are small paintings depicting nature, the environment is medium gray, lit almost with a small lamp. The floor is rough and very old wood. In one corner there is a gateway.Ana, a psychologist, thin, hair tied with a rubber band, wears a shirt with sleeves that cover the entire arm, upturned nose with a certain superiority, uses a small glasses that time or another need to adjust in the face with the tip of the middle finger. retro pants mouth type bell and a shoe with wooden soles that every time walking makes a funny noise on the ground.
Paul, actor, tall, with shaggy hair, earrings in both ears, wrinkled blouse and open buttons, big beard, pants to own style, flip-flops, is very busy.
(Paul, standing in the doorway watching the atmosphere with a small cigarette since the end in one hand)
Ana - (Sitting on the chair behind the couch) Good morning Paul ... Come in, sit ...Paul - (Entering and taking one last drag on his cigarette) The day has nothing good ... Art is shit. Art does not ... The taught art sucks.Ana - (Calm and passive) There, behind the books ... has an ashtray. You can put your cigarette there.
 
Paul - Do you smoke? I did not know ... something new. The strange thing is that I never felt cigarette smell on you.Ana - Do not smoke ...Paul - (Counting) And for what the ashtray?Ana - This? It's toast to gain the association of psychologists in Brazil. They think all of us are smokers and liabilities to have a cancer excess cigarette.Paul - Or by excessive madness.Ana - The madness is not concerned. You do not want to sit?Paul - (that until that moment was standing) Yes of course ...Ana - Is that better?Paul - I am!Ana - As the week?Paul - Overall it was good ... The point is that I am an artist ... Actor.Ana - I know ... And by the way that show that you participate is a success ...Paul - (Cutting) Shit!Ana - I liked ...Paul - (Again cutting) I pity you ... What do not understand ... That does not feel ... I do not live ... Just have the option of liking and disliking. It's frustrating. The theater is more.Ana - You want to talk about it?Paul - (Lying on the couch) study arts or was to study. Already live with the prejudice of being an artist since birth. I remember the first day made a question to the class: What do you want here? I knew what I wanted. Had sat port side, the last chair. The answers started the side windows ... In my room just the right side had windows. It was hellish. The prejudice was great even. The course there was already about four years and still depended on borrowed rooms to study. Every day was a Mexican soap opera ... We're going to block this ... Now we go to another block.Ana - This seems to leave you angry ...Paul - (Cutting) was a kick in the ass! There were forty students ... A room with windows only on one side, a fan that made more noise than eased the heat. How not to get angry, to handle this?Ana - And the question? What do you want here?Paul - Yes, of course. It was kind of funny ... I kind of laugh inside every answer. A girl said she was there to be able to go to TV, novels ... These things. Everyone gave a little smile of his face ... Ironic corner. I do not deny that laughs too ... But I did something for the girl that no one would.Ana - And what is it?Paul - I took the university ...Ana - (Cutting) Why?Paul - Think me doctor ... That creature did not want that ... She wanted to be an actress. The course would not give it to her. Only showed other ports. Most television actors did other courses or have not made any progress. Only drama school or practicing for a long time. If you want to be an actor certainly do not need university for such a feat. Now if you want to be drama teacher you need to be an actor. Practice theater is essential for anyone who needs or wants to follow and drama teacher. The university does not offer that ... On the contrary ... It offers anything but theater. When my turn came to answer ... Some looked at me as if waiting a long answer or something beautiful. In love. Most knew me and knew what I was doing. I looked abobalhadas some guys for a few seconds and said: I'm here for diploma!
Ana - The girl even came out of college? And what was the reaction of colleagues with their response.Paul - (Sitting on the couch, taking a wallet pocket cigarette chest, pulls a cigarette, keep the wallet, looking for a lighter the pockets, has trouble finding, Ana takes a little lighter of one of his pockets and delivery to Paulo ) May I smoke?Ana - (collecting the lighter Paul returns) Feel free ... It is customary to my patients want to smoke during the interval of their speech.(Silence)(Paul is for a moment with his eyes on the horizon, empty, Ana, up from his chair and goes to the bookshelf)
Paul - (Rising and going to the door) The girl held up even a month and then left pro Rio de Janeiro. I believe you are trying to get to TV. Already the face of my colleagues is priceless. Yesterday I was having a few beers with some musician friends ... I'm always for various areas of art. I like that. We were at the peak drinking when one of them touched the subject. He said: The guy will spend four years studying music ... You will learn to read music, put the staid notes on paper. But when the student of the same guy who will be a teacher says he wants to learn to play guitar or anything else, this guy will say it does not ring, but it can help the kid to read sheet music. This is or is not shit?Ana - How so?Paul - (Sitting on the chair behind the couch) I do not want to be a teacher, but also do not want a guy teach theater without knowing theater. You see?Ana - (Sitting on the couch) Art is not being passed on the course?Paul - Art is not learned ... Or you're born with this gift or not born ... What you learn is technique ... that you learn. You can practice a lot and get to know ... to know your body, act ... But art is not taught. What we can do is to develop what already exists in you. I believe there is an artist within each one ... But you need to develop. Not all go to the stage, but can go to lighting, sound, for the rule against costumes fucking ... The question is where it fits. One more thing is certain ... In college all have to practice theater ... Very theater ... If you want to be a teacher of theater ... Why contrary case can leave a patient or student with serious problems in the body ... theater is serious and not a game of jumping jacks ... Damn! You see.
Ana - Of course I understand.Paul - (interpreting a scene without getting up from his chair) These shadows that haunt me in unfocused frames ... dry nights. Here in the darkness of my room, I think what we would accomplish and now proposes death to all of our clan. Damn day that I kissed your mouth and gave you guardhouse. If someone has to die in this house ... we will die impure blood from us. Of rotting skeleton of rotten soul.
Ana - What was that?Paul - It's a scene of my next show ... I had to rehearse and decided to try here. Need a scenic settings.Ana - I understand ... but gain an hour.Paul - Really?Ana - Yes.Paul - (Taking Ana's notebook that was beside the chair) Ana, always wanted to be a psychologist?Ana -. (Lying on the couch) It wanted to be an actress ... I'm jealous every time I watch a show and you on stage. Always suffered pressure to follow the family profession.Paul - (Taking Anna's face and putting glasses on her face) family Job?Ana - is ... I come from a family psychologists. My grandfather was a psychologist who met Freud himself. My uncles were all psychologists, my father, my mother.Paul - This is a situation Freud.Ana - was ten years old when I attended a children's play. At that moment I decided I wanted to be an actress ... I started looking for drama schools, meeting groups, actors, directors.Paul - And why not continue?Ana - At first my parents thought it was kid stuff ... that dazzled me soon return to the family things.Paul - family things?Ana - The family of the things is to understand the other and try to find solutions ... The question that being an artist is not to find solutions but problems. I confess I have a soft spot for trouble! Those you rehearse, fight with the scene colleague to a solution, does and undoes everything just because you did not fit in the context of history.Paul - (Writing down something in the notebook) And what did your family do for you to become a psychologist?Ana - What all families do when they want their children to do. Long live the dreams of parents and bury her. psychological pressure. I tried several times withstand the pressure, but had a time that I could not and I ended up giving way.Paul - and thus accepted the family pressures?Ana - At first I thought it was the best for me ... I finished studies and started working. Soon already had a strong list of patients. Gain a reasonable money and do not have to claim the profession, but I'm not happy about it.Paul - And now, after all ... Have you talked to your family about your life?Ana - Yes ... I talked to my parents about everything and know what they said?Paul - If you do not tell I will not ever know.Ana - What would be better I have followed the career of actress ... I would be happier.Paul - What did you do?Ana - I spent one year in intensive care. I still go to my psychologist to try to understand.Paul - What is the lesson you take it all?Ana - I do not know ...Paul - That we should live our dream and not the other. Including parents. If you follow the dream of others and not his, will stop the psychologist as now.Ana - Now I begin to understand Doctor ... Doctor?Paul - Yes!Ana - You are not a psychologist! Psychologist here I am!Paul - That's true ... The point is that in my next show will do a psychologist ... How had never playing anything like ... I had to do a lab. And nothing better than using our meetings for such work. I know that I will take the good and bad sides of their profession and this is a good thing is not it?Ana - Of course not ... you have not prepared for this practice and it is a fraud.Paul - I'm a fraud, but said everything about their frustrations and anxieties.Ana - I did not mean ... I ...Paul - Understand doctor, we are all a little psychologist, a little football coach, a little doctor, a little teacher.Ana - and artist?Paul - Artist?Ana - Yes ... Artist!Paul - only be able to deal with parents, friends, society and art.Ana - Art?Paul - Yes ... Art.Ana - I thought that art was a well ... An end to breathe.Paul - Art is the beginning of breathlessness. If you then can breathe art nothing can shake your dreams.Ana - And you can conquer the art?Paul - This is funny ... Art conquer us.Ana - So our dreams can be shattered.Paul - What is easy conquest has no value!Ana - I think I'm able to understand what you mean ...Paul - (Cutting) If you do not understand also did not matter ... understand sometimes is not what matters.Ana - This is confusing ...Paul - (Cutting) Doctor how much you earn per query?Ana - (Sitting on the couch) Two hundred per hour ...Paul - (Cutting) My time is sometimes seventy or anything ... It depends on the occasion.Ana - Speaking of your time is over ...Paul - (Cutting) I can come back next week?Ana - Of course just make an appointment with Rita.Paul - Who is Rita?Ana - (Handing a card) My secretary.Paul - I'll call then. Thank you!Ana - Have a good presentation ...Paul - (Cutting) Do not talk like that.Ana - And as we speak?Paul - ShitAna - So ... Shit for you.Paul - Thanks ... (puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out a ticket) Take ... Go watch.Ana - Of course I will!Paul - Bye Doctor (Sai).Ana - Bye.
 
(Ana goes to the table and puts the ticket in the bag, opens a drawer and pulls out a pack of cigarettes smell and throw in the trash, open another drawer and takes out a bottle of wine, put a little into a glass, keep the bottle closed drawers, goes to the bookcase with glass, takes a sip, choose a book, fan your few pages)Ana - (Putting a glass of wine in a corner of the shelf) To be or not to be ... That is the question.(Closes the book and picks up a glass of wine taking in one gulp)Ana - (Looking at the audience with the empty cup in hand) Motherfucker! Not paid the query.(The light fades in intensity to the stage to stay in total darkness)

Nenhum comentário: